Wednesday 13 August 2008

Brecon Beacons pochade




Took myself off to the Brecon Beacons on Monday, to check out a route for my Nordic Walking Group. The walk was spectacular -except for the biggest bull I've ever seen in one of the fields I was crossing - I expected to feel his breath on my neck the whole time I was slogging uphill in my rush to get to the gate - and then a sign warning dog owners and walkers to beware of cattle in the next field had adrenaline lending unaccustomed speed to my Nordic Walking poles.....so I've decided not to do that particular walk for the group. But anyway, this isn't the Nordic Walking Blog (which you can read elsewhere, see links on the right), and I spent a couple of very happy hours with my pochade box, (see link on sidebar if you also want to buy one) absorbed in trying to paint the fabulous mountain scenery around the Brecon Mountain Centre. Once again, the fact that I am finding this quite difficult is proving the draw (geddit) (sorry). I found the marks from my filbert brush somehow more satisfying than my flat brush, which suprised me, as I've always tried to emulate my pastel marks when painting. I also preferred the unprimed, more absorbent surface, as the paint became too slippery on the primed board.

1 comment:

Melinda Mulcahy said...

I recently purchased one of your roof top chalks on canvas and I have to say it looks fantastic as the centre piece of my lounge room, positioned about the fireplace.
As soon as I enter the room, my eye is drawn to it.
One of the best purchases on a whim in a long time.
Lovin it!
Melinda x