Monday 8 September 2008

Cardiff Bay on an unexpected dry day


Hmm. Don't laugh.  I've been laid up with......GOUT.  Blimmin excruciating actually.  Anyway, yesterday, the drugs kicked in and I took myself and my trusty pochade box off to Cardiff Bay and had a lovely day pottering around the Bay - I even went for a boat ride.  I tucked myself away to paint, feeling suddenly shy amongst the crowds of people - but was inundated by passersby asking to have a look, and then telling me how their children/grandchildren/man next door paint.  In the past, they have then asked me what paint I am using, and upon hearing the reply - watercolour, acrylic or pastel, they then inform me smugly that their children/grandchildren/man next door paint in OILS. A REAL Painter, is the implication.
This time, when they asked "is it acrylic??" I airily replied - "oh no, OILS of course...." I actually caught myself doing it. Smug bitch.
I returned with a whole raft of inspiration for my body of work that I intend for the Spring Fair in Feb 09. Watch this space.

No comments: