Monday 1 September 2008

A Sunny Day!!!

Can't believe it - a sunny day.  So I'm planning to walk Scribble along the cliffs, but just thought I'd show you what I've been up to.  This is the beginnings of a commission I'm  enjoying, a large oil on canvas about 40" x 30".  The background is the last thing to be blocked in - the sand is too orangey, and needs toning down, the sky is too greenish blue. The sea is a reasonable start, and a good base for adding movement and waves too. Likewise, the coast needs attention and looks very stark and contrasty.  I am pleased with the children, however, as the brief was not too be too 'portraity', actually, easier said than done, but a real discipline required to keep the brushstrokes loose all over, and not get bogged down with facial detail.  I will look forward to settling down with it later, and hope to complete it within the week.  Then I am off to the Lake District to do some pochade painting, and Nordic Walk a Lakeland Trails race at Derwentwater.  Only 10  miles - after my 45 mile event last year, should be a walk in the park (hills).  So why am I feeling so apprehensive.......

No comments: